William Makepeace Thackeray's masterpiece that satirizes society in early 19th century England - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the lives of Becky, the strong-willed and cunning young woman determined to make her way in society, and Amelia Sedley, the good natured, loveable though simple-minded young girl. Students and teachers alike will be amazed by the young parallels between the characters in the novel to the people in today's society.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story